- Stay in one place
- 2 Nights
- Max 16 km per day
- Easy & Moderate
- 2 days hiking
- May to October
A beautiful mix of countryside experience and hikes in wilderness. There are two hikes included in this weekend getaway in the countryside: a longer one in the woods of Mt Jakupica - to the springs and waterfalls of River Babuna, and an easier, recreational hike for the second day that will leave more time to experience the genuine rural life in N. Macedonia – their customs, lifestyle and delicious organic food. The guesthouse in Omorane is perfect quiet place for a countryside break, where you can learn and taste the nature: what is lemon balm, rosemary, St Johns wort and how to use them in your kitchen and for medical treatments, or in 100%-natural-cosmetics: face creams, soap and shampoo, body scrubs and deodorants
- Fishpond Nezhilovo
- Springs and waterfalls of river Babuna
- St Nikola monastery
- Countryside tranquility
- Learn old village customs and crafts
- Eat organic village food
|Day 2||MODERATE||up to 23km / 14mi/ 4-7 hours||Longer, but still manageable hikes with more elevation change. ||For hikers with good level of fitness (regular exercise) who don’t mind the challenge|
|Day 3||EASY||Easy hikes, designed for people who enjoy the outdoors and relaxed walks with ample time to enjoy the attractions along the route.|
Day 1: Welcome to the countryside
Transfer to village Omorane. Take a walk in the village, meet local people to get introduced in their slow countryside life. You will see how they still thread the tobacco leaves manually and how they extract honey the old fashioned way. On your way back you can buy some fresh eggs right from the roost and goat cheese from a small goat farm nearby. Overnight in a guesthouse in Omorane.
Day 2: Hike to the springs of River Babuna
Start early with transfer to village Nezhilovo (25km / 40min drive). Your hike starts from the fishpond, on a narrow dirt road that winds up into dense beech forest. Once you exit the road on a narrow forest trail you will hear the roaming of River Babuna, with a lovely surprise: there is a small picturesque waterfall few hundred meters before the springs. Refresh yourself, fill all your bottles with water and get ready for a walk down back to the fishpond at Nezhilovo. Overnight in the same house in Omorane.
Day 3: Hike to St Nikola monastery
The hike today is easy – it will take you 1,5h to get up to the monastery, a quiet place where you can “charge your spiritual batteries”. Once you get on the hill, a beautiful panorama opens-up of a part of this region known as Azot and the peaks of Mt Jakupica in the back. The afternoon is free to enjoy the small pool in the backyard of the village house, or learn from your hosts how to live with nature and make easily your natural spices, medicines, or even cosmetics. Late afternoon transfer back to Skopje.
When To Go
|Possible||01 April – 14 May and 15 October to 15 November|
|Recommended||15 May – 15 October|
|Not available||16 November – 31 March|
199 € + 80 € local supplement / per person
Price is valid for min 2 participants sharing double room
INCLUDED IN PRICE:
- Arrival / departure transfer from Skopje to village Omorane (single transfer per group)
- Transfers to the hiking route on Day 2 and back to village Omorane.
- Accommodation based on 2 participants sharing double room
- All breakfasts
- Detailed hiking visual route descriptions and maps
- Mobile app with uploaded tracks and locator
- Local safety information and contacts
- Stand-by support (cell phone and contact person)
- Organization and logistic by Macedonia Travel
NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE:
OPTIONS & SUPPLEMENTS:
- Supplement for single room accommodation: 25 €
- Supplement for full board instead of standard bed & breakfast accommodation (2 x lunch, 2 x dinner): 50€ / per person. Vegetarian and vegan meals available on request
- Private arrival / departure transfers available on request
- Extra night before or after the tour
- In village guesthouse in Omorane: from 20 € / per person sharing double room; Single supplement from 12 €
- In village Nezhilovo: hotel 1*, private rooms: from 15 € / per person sharing double room. Single supplement: 10 €
- In Cheples mountain hut (base for hikes to Solunska Glava): private rooms: from 10 €/ per person sharing double room. Single supplement: 5 €.
- Rent of Global Positioning System (GPS) console: 45 €
• Authentic village house in village Omorane with en-suite facilities.
Arrival & Departure
A single group transfer on Day 1 from Skopje airport to Omorane, and on Day 3 (last day) from Omorane to Skopje airport is included in price. For private groups all transfers will be arranged according to group’s flight details.
Why Travel With Us?
ADVENTURES FOR EVERYONE
You only pay for what you want. We offer different levels of accomodation and comfort for every budget and travel style. Please read carefully the includes and excludes items and create the trip that is most convenient for you.
Since 2004 we create authentic, high quality tours in the Balkans. North Macedonia is our homeland, we have walked and biked every corner and we make sure that the balance between the activities, the "must see" attractions and the "off-the-beaten-track" experiences gives you the true Balkan - intense, hearth warming and often life changing experience.
- strict company risk management on each tour that we operate
- available 24/7 for anything from enquiries to emergencies
- smartphone navigation app in addition to the printed detailed route information and maps
- we give you a wireless modem on the trip so you can be easily located at any time in case of emergency